Committed to Your Protection
The American Resort Development Association (ARDA) is committed to providing you with the most up-to-date information on the latest scams targeting timeshare owners and consumers in order to ensure you’re protected from unscrupulous resale, rental, transfer and relief companies who aim to profit by misleading you.
The Latest Alerts
Keep up to date with the latest issues and scams in the resale market with our helpful tips, information and guidance.
Companies Using the ARDA Logo or Name Fraudulently
Read the latest listing, here.
How to Protect Yourself
- If you’re contacted by a company regarding the sale of your timeshare or the elimination of maintenance fees, proceed with extreme caution.
- If an offer sounds too good to be true, it likely is.
- Be wary if you’re asked to pay an upfront fee for a “service.”
- Be skeptical of companies that promise to modify or cancel your contractual obligations to the company you own timeshare with.
- Be cautious of any call or mailing offering to transfer your paid off ownership to another party.
Proceed with Caution
ARDA never contacts consumers directly regarding the sale of their timeshare. If you are contacted by someone claiming to be from ARDA—or they’re using the ARDA brand—it’s most likely a scam. Please let us know immediately at 1-855-939-1515, email Customer Service, or submit a ticket at http://consumer.arda-roc.org