2015 Shows Another Year of Substantial Growth for Our Industry
By Darla Zanini, Executive VP, ARDA International Foundation (AIF)
July 6, 2016
We are happy to share the latest research from our State of the Vacation Timeshare Industry: United States Study 2016. It shows that the timeshare industry enjoyed substantial growth in 2015. Here are a few of the highlights.
When comparing 2015 to 2014:
• Sales volume increased by nine percent, to $8.6 billion, the second largest increase since the recession – our sixth straight year of growth!
• 1,547 timeshare resorts in the United States, representing about 200,720 units
• Average resort size was 130 units
• The average sales price was $22,240
• Occupancy increased two percent, up to almost 80 percent (compared to a 66* percent hotel occupancy rate).
There were some other interesting tidbits as well:
• Beach resorts are the most common type of resort
• Theme park resorts have the highest occupancy
• Florida has the most resorts—24% of the national total
• Nevada has the largest average resort size—230 units on average
• Hawaii has the highest occupancy rate for a region, at 86.7%
For more details, check out our infographic and for a full copy of the State of the Industry Study, please contact me at email@example.com.
*STR Monthly Hotel Review: December 2014, Smith Travel Research.