ARDA Inside Look - Issue 9
Issue 9 | October 15, 2020
The Timeshare Industry Today
President/CEO Jason Gamel
In this age of technology, it is easier than ever to keep connected with our members. We are so happy to kick off our virtual member event series, ARDA LIVE, focusing on returning to timeshare vacations. Each month, we’ll talk with key executives on a different segment of our business. This month’s series kicks off with a focus on resort management and customer care. We hope you’ll join us, and look forward to sharing industry insights and ideas from the experts. While we are so happy to connect with you over zoom, ARDA also recognizes the importance of in-person meetings to you and your business. Rest assured, we are moving forward with big plans for ARDA World 2021 to include both in-person and virtual attendance options. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks. Until we can see each other face to face, we hope to see you over zoom on our ARDA Live calls!
SAVE THE DATE
October 29th 1pm
Industry Insight with our Virtual Event Series
Presenting: Resort Leadership and Hospitality Today
An open dialog with key executives hosted by
- ARDA President & CEO, Jason Gamel
- Mark Nuzzo, EVP of Global Resort Operations at Diamond Resorts
- Stephanie Sobeck, SVP AMERICAN-FL, Caribbean & Latin at Marriott Vacations Worldwide
- Mark Waltrip, Chief Operating Officer at Westgate Resorts
The first in our series and exclusive to ARDA members only.
Together we’ll address the safe return to timeshare vacations and the changing expectations of our guests and owners. Touching all aspects of resort experiences and operations, business leaders will share strategies and insights gained from today’s challenging environment. Save the date on October 29th at 1:00pm. Complimentary registration information to follow.
Complimentary registration information to follow.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal and State Legislation
As we are less than three weeks away from the 2020 election, ARDA is continuing to work together with partner associations to encourage Congress and the Administration to work together to reach a deal that would provide further COVID relief as soon as possible. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said that he plans to have the Senate vote on a coronavirus relief bill prior to the election, that would include replenishing the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). We continue to advocate for the extension and expansion of the PPP, to allow for much-needed federal aid to go to those businesses that need it most. The more than $130 billion left in the PPP could help save thousands of businesses across the country recover and keep them from shutting their doors for good.
ARDA International Foundation
The AIF has been participating in the Back-to-Normal Barometer Study since April. This bimonthly survey tracks traveler sentiment during the pandemic. Here are highlights from this week’s survey:
- The confidence barometer – an aggregate tracking of consumer sentiment- shows minor uptick in wave 13 of the bi-weekly survey.
- More than half of the respondents are ready to stay at a hotel or resort or have already done so recently.
- Four in nine respondents are likely to travel 50+ miles from home during the Thanksgiving holiday either staying with friends or family (28%) or in paid lodging (16%). The same percentage of respondents are likely to travel during the December holidays (with friends or family 24% and in paid lodging 20%). Among timeshare owners, the likelihood to travel during the holidays increased significantly (stay with friends or family 43% and in paid lodging 26% for Thanksgiving; stay with friends or family 34% and in paid lodging 34% for the December holidays).
- Las Vegas (25%), Los Angeles (17%), New York (17%), Washington DC (16%) and Orlando (15%) are the top 5 destinations respondents plan to visit in the next six months.
Check out the latest research published by the ARDA International Foundation including the newly released Pulse Report covering the first half year of 2020 and the state economic impact reports! https://www.arda.org/research-aif/research-library