Perry Belmont Mansion
On New Hampshire Avenue NW in Washington, D.C., sits the magnificent International Headquarters building, one of the pride and joy possessions of the members of the Order of the Eastern Star.
Formerly the Perry Belmont Mansion, Perry and Jessie Belmont began construction of the mansion in 1906 when he was a Congressman and Ambassador to Spain, as well as a leading Washington socialite. The mansion was built for the specific purpose of entertaining not only notables of Washington, but also dignitaries from all over the world. It was designed by Eugene Sanson, a famous French architect who was renowned for his use of light and space, and for his beautiful staircases. Long before the acquisition of the building by the General Grand Chapter in 1935, it was a site of elegance, gracious and grand hospitality, of distinguished diplomats, world-renowned guests and romance.