State of the Vacation Timeshare Industry: United States Study 2021 Edition
Published and sponsored by the ARDA International Foundation, 2021; Conducted by Ernst Young.
Covers 2020 calendar year data.
Full Report: Member $250; Non-member $500
Executive Summary: Member $50; Non-member $150
This report presents data and estimates for a number of key metrics of the vacation timeshare industry in the U.S. during calendar year 2020. Data presented includes estimates of the number and distribution of timeshare resorts in the U.S., number of units, intervals sold, and sales volume. Other key data include average maintenance fees, interval prices, occupancy, and rental revenues as well as estimates of construction in the near future.
Along with the report, the AIF is also launching an interactive dashboard the State of the Industry Report Tool based on the survey results.
This tool will enable you to:
- Access the most recent data on timeshare industry size, structure and performance;
- NEW! Filter key industry data by year (2019-2020);
- Compare key industry performance metrics by geography, resort type, resort size, level of sales activity and year resort opened;
- Explore historical data trends;
- Benchmark your own results to market segments of interest (participants only);
- Download the most recent State of the Industry reports (2018-2020), individual report tables in excel or csv format and individual report charts in png format.
For optimal performance you should use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox for this tool.
Table of Contents
Industry Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Core Group Comparison
Historical Sales Data
Resorts by State
Percentage of Units by State
Timeshare Resort Tracking
A Brief History of the U.S. Timeshare Industry