State of the Vacation Timeshare Industry: United States Study 2023 Edition and the SOI Dashboard
Published and sponsored by the ARDA International Foundation, 2023; Conducted by Ernst Young.
Covers 2022 calendar year data.
This report presents data and estimates for a number of key metrics of the vacation timeshare industry in the U.S. during calendar year 2022. Data presented includes estimates of the number and distribution of timeshare resorts in the U.S., number of units, intervals sold, and sales volume. Other key data include average maintenance fees, interval prices, occupancy, and rental revenues as well as estimates of construction in the near future.
The AIF has also updated the interactive dashboard the State of the Industry Report Tool based on the 2023 report. Currently, access to the restricted portion of the dashboard is only available to AIF sponsors and research participants. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about becoming an AIF sponsor!
This tool will enable you to:
- Access the most recent data on timeshare industry size, structure and performance;
- Filter key industry data by year (2019-2022);
- Compare key industry performance metrics by geography, resort type, resort size, level of sales activity and year resort opened;
- Explore historical data trends;
- Benchmark your own results to market segments of interest (participants only);
- Download the most recent State of the Industry reports (2018-2022), individual report tables in excel or csv format and individual report charts in png format.
For optimal performance you should use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox for this tool.
Table of Contents
Core Group Comparison
Historical Sales Data
Resorts by State
Percentage of Units by State
Timeshare Resort Tracking
A Brief History of the U.S. Timeshare Industry